second largest city is bordered by Mexico, the Pacific Ocean,
the Anza-Borrego Desert and the Laguna Mountains. With
a gentle Mediterranean climate, even in October (high of 72;
low of 57), San Diego County's 4,200 square miles offer a rainbow
of options, including:
- World Famous San Diego Zoo
- Wild Animal Park
- Sea World
- Balboa Park (home to a variety of museums, including the Air
and Space Museum and Reuben H Fleet Science Center, with its
- Old Globe Theatre
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Midway Museum (Aircraft Carrier)
- Star of India (tall ship), HMS Surprise, etc.
- Old Town
- Hot air ballooning, soaring, hang-gliding, etc.
- 70 miles of beaches
For additional information,
see the San Diego Convention & Visitors
Bureau website, www.sandiego.org.